Sunday, February 10, 2013

Don't Park Like a Douchebag

Today at Safeway, I parked next to the cart corral and made sure that I was well centered and properly parked before I went into the store.  This particular parking lot can be a bit of a death trap, so I wanted to be extra sure I was good before I did my shopping.

When I came back to my car, a black rolling football field (Cadillac or some junk) had parked severely crookedly, was well over the line, and was just far enough away from my back bumper that I could turn sideways and squeeze through to get into my car.  I took a picture so I could show Chris when I got home and prepared to sit in my car until the offending parker came back.  I intended to have a civilized word with this person, regardless of who they may be, to indicate that their parking job had falsely imprisoned me.

Fortunately for me, the person in the space ahead of me returned while I was snapping the photo, backed out, and left before I even realized.  Only when I sat down and cranked the engine did I realize I could just drive straight out.  Hooray for freedom!

If I could have one wish granted, it would be for zero douchebag parkers in the world.  The offenders would nevermore do things such as:
1)  Park crooked
2)  Pull too far forward
3)  Leave their back end sticking out into the flow of traffic
4)  Park in a handicapped space when they are able-bodied
5)  Steal a parking space you were waiting on with your turn signal clearly indicating your intent
6)  Park so close to you that you have no chance of opening your car door
7)  Open their door widely and forcefully without looking or judging the distance, thus denting your car
8)  Failing to judge distance properly such that they sideswipe your car all the way in and/or out of the spot
9)  Other egregious errors I have not yet thought of


So, please, pay it forward and ensure that you are an upright citizen and do your duty to park well each and every time.  I thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart in advance (with interest).

No comments:

Post a Comment